Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Remember an Age before KNUCKLEHEADS

The first commercial I ever animated was the best experience I ever had. I was working for a creative director named Carl Graneth and he was the best. During the production of the spot, I had an unusual idea and being a good little animation director I gave Carl a call and tried to explain what I wanted to do visually. I hacked and stumbled explaining the idea and Carl stopped me in mid stupidity. He said, "Look, I am the creative director, I drew the board, I sold the client on the idea, my job is done, it's your job now, do what you think works." I never heard those words again. The spot turned out great, Carl and the client were both ecstatic, and I felt like my career was just about to take off. Win, win, win, all do to a creative director who trusted the decision he made when he awarded me the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment